Most people state, they would hope, for the nation, and our planet, to become stronger, and better, in the future, so future generations, can enjoy it, and become the protectors, to those, who follow them! However, unfortunately, despite the empty promises, and rhetoric, of politicians, we witness, very little, real progress, in that direction! Whether, because of the nature, and character, of those, we elect, or some inherent weakness in the American political system, unless/ until, significant changes, for the better, are implemented, and utilized, we probably, will see little, true improvements! This process requires a significant degree of commitment, and will not occur overnight. There are a number of PIECES of this equation, and with that, in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what they mean, and why, we would all benefit, by a genuine effort, in this direction.
- Priorities; phases; planning; peace; process: This process must try to identify real priorities, so our leaders, use their planning, to implement them, effectively! Nothing, generally, changes overnight, and, therefore, it’s important to approach needed changes, in well – considered, phases! Some of these components, and ideals, must include: world peace; Climate Change protections; environmental considerations; human rights; and a greater degree of enforcement of all our Constitutional guarantees, rather than merely, doing so, selectively.
- Ideas; ideals/ ideology; insights; infrastructure: Doesn’t it make sense, to have a real plan, and well – considered ideas, to take care of, upgrade, and improve America’s infrastructure? Shouldn’t we demand, public leaders, align their ideals, and approaches, with the core ideology, of this nation? If our insights, focused more on becoming better, and less on partisan politics, wouldn’t most people, be, better served?
- Endurance; environment: If we don’t have the endurance, to take care of our environment, regulating protections, to ensure, the health, and well – being of future generations, we all lose!
- Climate Change; coordinate; clarity; cooperation/ change: Rather than listening to the denials, regarding Climate Change, it is imperative, that we proceed, forward, to ensure, the future survival of this planet! We must demand, elected officials, consistently, coordinate citizens’ efforts,with clarity, and stressing mutual cooperation, with the objective of creating, and implementing, change, for the better!
- Emphasis; excellence: Wouldn’t we, all benefit, if our emphasis, was on, creating genuine excellence, rather than, settling, merely, for good – enough?
- Sustainable; solutions; stronger: If, we want a better future, our combined, mindset, must focus on, creating, and implementing, the finest, sustainable solutions. Only, if/ when, we do so, will our way of life, become stronger!