The new Snapchat refurbish has people VERY shook.
So shook, in fact, that hundreds took to Twitter to vent their frustrations, and there’s even petitions to ‘make Snapchat good again’.
Normally, app updates are a acquire change, but really not this one.
One thing people wanted back was the Stories page, which has now been lumped in with all the other calm from your friends on the Friends page.
That includes their stories, personal snaps to you, and any chats you competence be in with them.
It also won’t be sequential anymore, and the calm you see at the top will be motionless by an algorithm.
They’ve been panned by everybody from tech reporters to youngsters using the app.
If you’re one of those discontented people, though, there’s a way to get back to Snapchat’s former glory. Just follow the stairs listed below.
supports HTML5 video
Uninstalling on Android
Tech Advisor has supposing these useful discipline to Android users looking to hillside to an older version.
One way you can go back to a prior chronicle of an app is to find the designation file for the prior refurbish and install that version.
Android uses something called APK (which means Android focus package) files for apps.
You can hunt the web for the app name, chronicle series and APK.
You should have a duplicate of the APK files for every version of an app you’ve updated.
If you have a prior chronicle of the app on another device, then you should be means to remove the APK file from it.
If your mobile device or inscription is rooted, you can simply obtain the APK file from the /data/app/folder.
Once you have the file, you can uninstall the newer chronicle of the app from your device, and then ensue to duplicate the older APK file you found to the phone or inscription using Windows Explorer (File Explorer).
After, duplicate it to possibly a new folder, or the Download folder.
Then, you’ll need to download or buy an Android File Explorer app to find the file on your Android device, at which indicate you can daub on it and install it.
Android users could also try also download opposite older versions of Snap from here as an alternative.
Uninstalling on Apple iOS
Apple users could download to an older chronicle around iTunes by following the following steps:
- Important – do not refurbish apps in iTunes yet. You’ll be using the old duplicate of the app that’s still stored in your iTunes library.
- Delete the app on your iPhone by dire the app’s idol for several seconds. A tiny X will seem in the top lefthand corner.
- Press the X of the app you wish to delete.
- Press the home symbol after the app is left from the screen to get out of undo mode.
- After, bond your iPhone to your computer. Open iTunes and name your device. However, do not sync at this time.
- Click the Applications tab. Select ‘Apps’ in the iTunes sidebar.
- Find the app you wish reinstall in iTunes’ Apps list. Select the option to “Install” and sync your device. The chronicle you have corroborated up in iTunes will duplicate back to your iPhone. Hopefully, it’ll be the older version.