This is the 999 call done by one woman’s sister as she went into work – and gave birth to a little girl with a cord wrapped around her neck.
Michele Barber and husband Rob had been trying to have a baby for several years and eventually recognised Ella by IVF.
However when the 33-year-old went into work on Aug 15 last year, she did not have adequate time to get to hospital.
Speaking to an emergency call handler, sister Joanne Lambert panicked as the baby was innate not respirating due to the umbilical cord being wrapped around her neck.
The family pronounced the baby started to spin ‘blue’, but just seconds after paramedics arrived – and saved the little girl’s life.
supports HTML5 video
Yesterday Ella distinguished her first birthday, and among the guest was the medical group who helped save her life.
Michelle said: ‘I suspicion she was going to die. we just remember giving birth and my baby not breathing.’
Man admits beating licentiate to death and blazing her physique in her own garden
Ms Lambert delivered baby Ella at the Long Eaton home after being talked by the routine by a call handler at East Midlands Ambulance Service.
Joanne, from Sandiacre, said: ‘I could see the baby’s conduct and we could also see the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck.
‘I didn’t know what to do but we was on the phone to the emergency call operator who was articulate me by everything, it was all just a shock.’
The emergency call user was Joanne Shepherd who gave recommendation over the phone until paramedics arrived at the scene.
She said: ‘Baby’s get innate at home all the time it is not uncommon.
‘However when they pronounced the cord was around the baby’s neck it wasn’t just panic for them it was also panic for me.
‘We have a book yet so we knew accurately what to contend but unfortunately after we had told them accurately what to do the phone cut off so we never saw the outcome.’
Ella was innate at 8.24am and was branch blue due to a miss of oxygen.
Paramedic Amanda Bird, formed at Raynesway Ambulance Station in Derby, arrived at the home 4 mins after she was born.
She pronounced that but evident medical attention, Ella would not be celebrating her first birthday.
She said: ‘When we walked by the front doorway and saw Ella wasn’t breathing, I dropped all and grabbed my pediatric resuscitation bag.
‘I gave her 3 breaths using the bag and unexpected she pinked-up and started respirating for herself.
‘It was an extraordinary moment.’