- Shares of Lowe’s, the home alleviation retailer, jumped some-more than 6% after Bloomberg reported an romantic investment from D.E. Shaw, a quantitative investment firm, on Friday.
- The distance of the investment is unknown, but a 0.12% interest in the company was disclosed by D.E. Shaw in November, according to Bloomberg.
- D.E. Shaw plans to use its investment in the company to ask for changes that could boost shareholder value, Bloomberg said, citing unnamed sources.
- Lowe’s is approaching to report gain of $0.86 per share on income of $15.335 billion.
- Rival Home Depot also jumped after the news, gaining about 1.89%.
- Watch shares of Lowe’s trade in genuine time on Markets Insider.